I see where a lot of people's discouragement in that forum thread of Cold
Fusion
is the cost of the server itself. What cost less for an organization, $15
00 for
a server and
200 hours of development time or a FREE application server & 500 hours of

development time ? Not to mention the cost of training for employees to
maintain an application or the availibility of skilled developers for a
particular language.Also the availability for support is an important fac
tor as
well as the comfort level that the product will be around for awhile.
 When all these factors are taken in consideration, I believe any savy bu
siness
would need to take a serious look at coldfusion. The
bean counters can do the math on that one real easy. The problem is, they
 need
to *understand* all these factors. I think Macromedia and developers alik
e have
a vested interest & responsibility to get this point across to clients.