From: Mike Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, 31 December 2001 12:31 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Any ideas on how to do this please?

I am embarking on a sub-project to allow suitably authorised users to
input
events to my web site, to be displayed a month before the event happens,
and
automatically deleted after the event is over.  I want the users to be
able
to put in an event as being held on a specific date,  weekly, every two
weeks, every month, on the third Friday of the month etc.

How would I handle these options?  I know about how to do the specific
date
one, but for say the monthly events, do you think I should take their
input
and process it to enter 12 event records for the year, or do that
processing
at the time of displaying the event?

How would I process "the second Wednesday of the month" into a specific
date?

Since this is a pro bono site for a small hobby club,  I'm not able to
buy a
calendar app, but is there a freeware tag that can handle this kind of
thing?

Cheers,
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia