Hi Mike,

>I am embarking on a sub-project to allow suitably authorised users to input
>events to my web site, to be displayed a month before the event happens, and
>automatically deleted after the event is over.  I want the users to be able
>to put in an event as being held on a specific date,  weekly, every two
>weeks, every month, on the third Friday of the month etc.

I am a bit like Andrew, I would like to know more about the thing in terms
of size, business of the servers, etc. You can do more work in CF and put a
set of events in the DB but it will be bigger as a result but the queries a
lot simpler compared with calculating it on the fly every time.

BTW if you are showing the event for a month before, then clearing it, how
are you going to handle a weekly event :^)

--

Yours,

Kym