From: Office [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 1:45 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Any ideas on how to do this please?

Hi folks

The New Zealand Ecological Restoration Network Website at www.bush.org.nz is
currently being
moved over to ColdFusion. ColdFusion is a great tool!

We have the same need with events having patterns.
Our solution so far is to have a one form for one off events and another for
regular events with
a pattern. The data goes back into one table.

There is a second table for the specific occurance.

A volunteer manually enters all the repeat occurances of a regular event.

Its a real hassle. Would be nice to be able to automate this too

Mike Peters
Volunteer Developer
NZERN
Mail: PO Box 9000, Christchurch
(03) 338-5451
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.bush.org.nz

To you too Mike, I am in Victoria so I am not affected but I feel for
those that do live in those areas.

I actually did something similar for Siemens Corporation about 2 years
ago, for their intranet. Mike I would use three filed one to decide the
date it was created, then the type (which could be a list) to determine
the period the event needs to be displayed and maybe one so that it
can't be displayed past this date.

The other thing to keep in mind that each event can be located in one
table, then use a unique user ID that would then identify who the event
belongs to as well. Sorry seeing words on a screen really doesn't help,
but hopefully we can help you out more.