I would like to add that Ken's *not necessarily* right - if the server
is a dedicated CF server then DO USE THE REGISTRY for client variables.
The registry provides the greatest performance when using client
variables, which is why it is used by default and why it is even an
option.  Do you think MM made it an option just because it was possible
or because it can be highly useful?  There are three options for three
or more server environments.

Just plan ahead for it.  When you build the server, adjust the registry
to grow to around 100MB and it won't slow down and cause the server to
crap out.  Monitor the size of the registry as well, drop the
persistance of client variable data from 90 if the registry grows to
large or allow the registry to grow larger.

Just my two cents.  I've said it before I'll say it again the next time
some SCREAMS that the registry won't work.  One users bad experience
shouldn't deter all others from the truth.

Tyler M. Fitch
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

ISITE Design, Inc.
615 SW Broadway Ste. 200
Portland, OR 97205

503.221.9860 ext. 111