MM could support .NET with a CFML language module that conforms to MS CLS -
and make it commercially avaialable - right?

-----Original Message-----
From: Billy Cravens [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 6:05 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Macromedia.com

This definitely needs to be updated for a comparison with .NET (particularly
ASP.NET).  I think the comparisons that are out there compare CF 4.0 to ASP
2, which is horribly out of date (should compare CF 5.0 to ASP 3 and
ASP.NET)  Of course, I know this may go against the current bandwagon of
saying "we will support .NET" that everyone and their dog seems to do
nowadays - I think .NET is a solid platform, but I want to see true
alternatives (On a side note - I've heard that MM will "support .NET" - how
on earth can you be a true J2EE engine but still have support for the .NET
CLR?)