I know this is way OT, but I had to put my thoughts into words.

Myself and a friend were discussing the outlook of technology, and one
of the things that we discussed, was what we felt the future held for
web technology. We both agreed that the web has to transform into
something more than the sum of it's parts. Our feeling on the subject is
that Macromeda/Allaire is at the forefront of what the web can and
should be. Macromedia Flash is still in it's infancy when you look at
the amount of sites that incorporate flash technology and those who do
not. Now the reason for this is well known as being not enough high
bandwith connections, but that is changing at an enormous rate.
     With Macromedia's acquisition of Allaire and dynamic data driven
content, there should be no end in site as far as development goes. I
thought at one point that their were not enough Coldfusion jobs and I
should take the time to learn a few secondary languages. Although that
still holds true as far as the amount of Coldfusion jobs, I think that
once Flash and Coldfusion merge into one beautiful application
development tool that we will be begging for the jobs to slow down.
    We thought....what would it be like to open your "Macromedia Flash
Browser" (No more clumsy Internet Explorer or Netscape) What a joy
surfing would be !!! Imagine shopping online without having to drill
down 10 layers to finally checkout. When you clicked on a product,
another window would slide open and you would enter your info and voila
"done"!! If there is any company that could stand toe to toe with the
Microsoft Monopoly on the internet, it is in fmy opinion
Macromedia/Allaire.

Thanks for listening to my rants...I am just tired of hearing all this
negative Macromedia Talk (IE: Death of Coldfusion)

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and [Unix]
BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

Doug Brown