From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 7:58 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CF Certification - feedback needed.

Thanks guys for all of your feedback. Since there's a glut of
programmers out
there and I'm simply looking for ways to "seperate" myself from the rest
of
the programmers who may be mis-representing them.

I thought in this case, macromedia certification may be able to seperate

those 2 groups. My web site contains all the online portfolio, resume,
snapshots and everything employers may need to know about me.

Again, it's just to seperate myself from other candidates. I agree with
some
of you that this is just one item and I'm looking for this certification
"show" the employers what I am capable unlike other developers who can
talk
their way into any job but can't do diddly poo with coding.

Thanks again-

> I completely agree. If you plan (I'm not saying you do) to rest just
> on the paper it's not worth much. After all it's just a test, I've
> seen people pass the MCSE exams without actually having any
> experience, they took classes and read books. That's not to say they
> are better qualified than an engineer with a few years of experience..
>
> I took the test because Keen said, if it boils down to two candidates
> the own who took the time to get something in writing that he knows
> his stuff maybe have better chances. I know that along with some other

> extracurricular activities, my cert helped land my current gig.
>
> The way I see it, it's what you make of it. I intend (some day to get
> MM's web developer cert) just because IMHO it sets me apart as being
> someone who put my money where my mouth is. Before any flames come my
> way I'm not dissing anyone who is and ain't gonna get certified, but I

> know plenty of developers who aren't worth half what they make and
> could never pass the test, and I want to make sure when it comes down
> to me and them, I stand out.
>
> J.

Nathaniel Horwitz
Developer