I completely agree. If you plan (I'm not saying you do) to rest just on
the paper it's not worth much. After all it's just a test, I've seen
people pass the MCSE exams without actually having any experience, they
took classes and read books. That's not to say they are better qualified
than an engineer with a few years of experience..

I took the test because Keen said, if it boils down to two candidates
the own who took the time to get something in writing that he knows his
stuff maybe have better chances. I know that along with some other
extracurricular activities, my cert helped land my current gig.

The way I see it, it's what you make of it. I intend (some day to get
MM's web developer cert) just because IMHO it sets me apart as being
someone who put my money where my mouth is. Before any flames come my
way I'm not dissing anyone who is and ain't gonna get certified, but I
know plenty of developers who aren't worth half what they make and could
never pass the test, and I want to make sure when it comes down to me
and them, I stand out.

J.

John Wilker
Web Applications Consultant
Macromedia Certified ColdFusion Developer
President/Founder, Inland Empire CFUG.
Writer / Technical Writer
www.red-omega.com

"more people are killed by donkeys than by airplane crashes each year"