I'm not sure if this is OT or not but here goes...

Why would I use WDDX instead of just using straight XML?

-there are SEVERAL good parsers out there.

-The javascript that it takes to create the "packets" is not that complex.

-The "packets" aren't really any kind of packets their just strings that
      are parsed...XML?

and more...

I actually am interested in using it and I have no direct quams with using
      WDDX but why would I use it when we have an XML framework already
      built for other applications?

Thanks-

Savan