Don't most programs actually have a random number table that they draw the
random numbers from?  Then every time you reset the software, they begin pulling
the same random numbers?  We got around this one time by using the IP address,
stripping the periods...raising to a power of two (or something similar) and
using the resulting number as the random seed.  Still not truly random but
seemed (at the time 4+ years ago) "more" random.

--JW