Andrew Peterson wrote:
> Hi
> The text below is randomly appearing at the top of some of my web pages:
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:45:56
> GMT Content-Type: text/html Accept-Ranges: bytes Last-Modified: Thu, 28 Feb
> 2002 17:44:15 GMT ETag: "90e1e5897fc0c11:1df0" Content-Length: 1991537
> What is this?

Standard HTML headers (although I wouldn't want to call the content
length standard, 2MB is a lot :) ).

> This text seems to appear only when I am using CFLocation to
> redirect to a static html page that I created through CFHTTP, and it occurs
> randomly.

Thing to check is if this text is actually inside the static HTML page
(quite unlikely because of the rest of the symptoms, but check anyway).

> However, I've learned through testing that if I use a Meta Refresh instead
> of a CFLocate, text does not appear (i.e. problem solved).

This makes me believe you have a problem that is bigger as this.
Somewhere in the webserver/cfserver setup something goes wrong which
means that the server is adding the HTTP headers twice. And that is a
problem because in that case the second occurence ends up in the page
visible to the user.

What code is run before
<CFIF CheckCache.RecordCount>
<cflocation url="/cache/#checkcache.file#">

Anything that does something with headers/pageflow (cfflush, cfcache,
cfcontent, cfheader, cflocation etc.)? What happens if you remove that
code? Try putting a cfabort after the cflocation? Did you by any chance
install URLScan recently? Which ISAPI filters do you have? Are you
running IIS HTTP compression?

Jochem