Hi Guys!

I have this strange problem: after running an Excel Web Query to a Cold
Fusion template on a server, some browsers refuse to not cache certain pages
on that server. First I mucked up my laptop, then I mucked up the
Development Server, now the Production Server is mucked up. Thanks to my
inattentiveness on the matter, some of our clients are logging on to our
application from mult-user pcs and seeing the previous users
personalization!

At first I was distracted by the way Excel cf authenticates - on our
application a wddx cookie is set containing some personal information after
a simple login. So I concentrated on getting the Excel Web Query to send the
proper name and password.

I successfully developed a custom tag that just needs to be placed where you
want the link to show and creates an iqy file which automatically opens in
Excel and sends all form and url data needed to query the same page you are
on. The only thing Excel asks for is your password.

Beautiful, huh? But, basking in my success, I am now able to see what
happens on servers which many people are using. Couple of questions:

1) How do I find out what header info Excel is sending to my Cold Fusion
server? I inserted the custom tag at the bottom of the developer's version
of the site wide error handler, which just cf dumps all the structures that
exist on the Cold Fusion server, and ran the web query to there, but I can't
see any differences. The http user agent is Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE
6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Q312461), but that isn't any different than the
browser. Even the cf token and cf id are the same!

2) How do I get the browser cache on certain machines to work normally
again? I have scads of no-cache header tags, uuids in my url, etc., my these
are just work-arounds. The underlying problem still remains.

Thanx

Dave