From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 9:44 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Announcement: New Flash MX component

This is a little OT, but I'm very excited to be able to announce the
introduction of a new Flash MX component. Everyone's been hearing from MM
about how Flash MX will save the world; here's a little demonstration.
"DaVinci" is a component that can be used by itself, or within a larger
Flash application, for capturing user input in a way that would be, well,
difficult with just HTML.

"Fig Leaf Software Announces 'DaVinci'

'DaVinci' is the first of a series of Flash MX components
being developed by Fig Leaf Software.

Using DaVinci, you can add image annotation capabilities
to your web-based applications. End-users may add lines,
text, scribbles, and other geometric forms that sit in
layers on top of a background JPEG image. The vector
drawings are represented as XML and can be saved into a
database for future reference.

The component can be dropped into any HTML-based web page,
or included as part of a complete Flash MX solution.

Because the component was developed using Flash MX from
Macromedia, it is cross-browser compatible with any device
running the Flash 6 player.

Fig Leaf Software will soon begin soliciting feedback from
beta testers. If you want to join the beta, or get more
information, go to http://davinci.figleaf.com";

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496