> I generally use cftry/cfcatch in conjunction with cftransaction.
> This allows you to roll back if errors are encountered.

You really don't have to do this. That's one of the features that
CFTRANSACTION provides for you. If you have multiple queries within a single
transaction, and any fails, all changes made by any other query within the
transaction are rolled back.

I can understand why a lot of people do this, since the CF documentation
shows an example of this, but again, it's not necessary.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444