Hi Peoples

Well, I can say, since its public knowledge in some circles that locking
will no longer be required with Neo - the server will handle this side
of things.  CFMX has addressed the fact that failure to lock shared
scope vairables will not cause memory corruption while a write operation
is in progress.

**However**, you will still have to lock for the legitimate use - to
prevent synchronous activity ensuring that requests are requests are
processed one at a time. For example, if I am about to reread a cached
query I might decide that all requests that need this query should wait
so as to ensure that they have the newer data.

Hope this helps!

Neil
Team Macromedia
http://www.macromedia.com/go/team