From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 10:32 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: contacting congress /

> Another thing to keep in mind - e-mail to our elected
> officials is pretty worthless. Most don't understand
> the medium and never look at them. Just something to
> consider.

Most elected officials don't read their own "regular" mail, either -
they
have staff members to sort out both of these. However, I suspect that
the
weight given to something sent via snail mail is much greater than
something
sent via email, simply because it's more work to send something that way
-
you have to care a bit more to send snail mail.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444