At 03:22 AM 4/24/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>It says it is optimized for multiple processors.  I remember reading
>somewhere that it is full time, again I may be wrong.  Just the same though
>what is your source of this information?  I mean there should be a document
>out there somewhere that proves one of us right.
>
>I'll keep looking man, damn it's late :)

Basically to make use of multiple processors the requirement for an
application is that it break it's load apart into multiple threads. If CF
runs as a single thread it can not take special advantage of a MP system
(beyond the obvious fact that the OS may or may not place it's thread on a
CPU different than most other currently running apps.)

To be optimized for MP essentially boils down to an app being written as
multiple thread-safe threads. The OS will spread said threads out among the
CPU's in a manner that is beyond the scope of this message to explain.

--min