From: Lewis Sellers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 4:26 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Performance boost with Upgrade to dual processor ??

At 04:08 AM 4/24/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>See now I am not sure how this can be true.  Paul Hastings sent me a
>response about checking the task manager and he is right.  both processors
>are responding whenever I do something, and neither is maxed out.  Attached
>find a copy of the stats.

I have been debugging c++ code essentially non-stop for the last four days
and my eyes are burning out... but to the best of my recollection this is
true under NT. Unless they've changed it under w2k/xp.

Mind you I said "threads" not "processes". A thread is a sub-unit of an
application or process. Some applications may haves hundreds of threads
that come and go at every keystroke.

NT, the last time I looked, by default remembers what processor a given
thread last ran on it and continues to run it on that processor if at all
possible whenever it reappears. You can strongly suggest which processor a
given thread is to run on as well. I suspect there are very few programs
that bother with such things however.

--min