We installed SOeditor on an intranet site -- basically, we needed a way for
non-techies to update their sites via a WYSIWYG editor.

I have to say, we've been VERY happy with it. Installation was a snap -- we
were upgrading from that old, free ezedit thing -- and it dropped right in.
Tons of settable parameters and whatnot. The ability to drop the list of
available fonts from the list was a lifesaver. The html code it generates is
clean enough that our design guy doesn't grumble when he sees it. Also, the
image placement functions work really, really, well. Did I mention the MS
Word cleanup function?

I haven't used the other product in question, but I've been really happy
with soEditor. Performed as advertised with a minimal amount of fuss.

        -- jon