From: Stephen Moretti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 5:45 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Does CF have to be on same machine as IIS?

> This feels like a stupid question. I somehow assumed you could install CF
on
> a separate machine to IIS, and stupidly said so at work. Now I think I was
> wrong and just wanted confirmation of the true depth of my ignorance.

You can install it on a separate machine, but you first have to install it
on the machine with IIS and then disable it afterwards.

Basically, you must have the ISAPI filter for CF installed on the IIS server
and then use the distributed processing stuff to talk to the remote CF
server.

http://www.macromedia.com/v1/Handlers/index.cfm?ID=16345&Method=Full

This article is actually for CF4.5.1, but the process is still the same for
CF5 as it was for CF3. ;o)

Have a look in the cfdist.ini and the cfremote.ini files in c:\cfusion\ as
well...

Have fun... ;o)

Regards

Stephen