> The original thought was that because we are going to
> have two sites one using jsp's the other cf accessible
> from the same web server, it would be more resilient
> to put CF on another server. I'm sort of thinking maybe
> it sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Any general
> pros and cons?

It's easy enough to set up multiple virtual web servers on a single machine,
and bind CF to one and your J2EE server of choice to another. If one
crashes, it shouldn't affect the other too much, unless it's a really bad
crash, I suppose. Of course, in a production environment you'd need to
ensure that the two app servers didn't fight for resources too much.

The only justification I've found for using CF's distributed mode is to
increase security.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496