The only way to really measure the performance of your application is
with load testing tools. Simply looking at the time it takes to process
a single request is generally not that useful. However, an execution
time above 250ms is just plain slow.

-Matt

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PBCORE\APP_FORMURLTOATTRIBUTES.CFM
> 0 msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PBCORE\APP_HACKERCHECK.CFM
> 140 msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PBCORE\APP_HANDLER.CFM
> 0 msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PBCORE\APP_HIJACKERCHECK.CFM
> 100 msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PBCORE\APP_LOADCONFIG.CFM
> 20
msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PBCORE\APP_LOADGLOBALSETTINGS.CFM
> 40 msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PBCORE\APP_RUNONCE.CFM
> 21 msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PBCORE\APP_SEARCHCACHE.CFM
> 10 msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PBCORE\APP_STORECACHE.CFM
> 0 msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PBCORE\LIB_PB_FUNCTIONS.CFM
> 0 msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PB_BRANCHSETTINGS.CFM
> 0 msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PB_INPUTFILTER.CFM
> 0 msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PB_LAYOUTHANDLER.CFM
> 0 msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PB_LOCALSETTINGS.CFM
> 0 msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PB_OUTPUTFILTER.CFM
> 10

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_ADMINISTRATIONLAYOUT\APP_RUNCO
RE
> .C
> FM
> 0

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_ADMINISTRATIONLAYOUT\DSP_ADMIN
IS
> TR
> ATIONLAYOUT.CFM
> 20

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_ADMINISTRATIONLAYOUT\PB_HANDLE
R.
> CF
> 0

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_ADMINISTRATIONLAYOUT\PB_LOCALS
ET
> TI
> NGS.CFM
> 0

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_ADMINISTRATIONLAYOUT\PB_OUTPUT
FI
> LT
> ER.CFM
> 0

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_ADMINISTRATIONLAYOUT\PB_PROVID
ES
> .C
> FM
> 10

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_ADMINISTRATIONLAYOUT\QRY_ADMIN
IS
> TR
> ATIONLAYOUT.CFM
> 50

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_WEBPAYACCOUNTS\APP_RUNCORE.CFM
> 0 msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_WEBPAYACCOUNTS\CHILD.CFM
> 10
msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_WEBPAYACCOUNTS\CHILDREN.CFM
> 160 msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_WEBPAYACCOUNTS\FIELD.CFM
> 140
msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_WEBPAYACCOUNTS\FIELDSET.CFM
> 0

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_WEBPAYACCOUNTS\PB_BRANCHSETTIN
GS
> .C
> FM
> 0

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_WEBPAYACCOUNTS\PB_INPUTFILTER.
CF
> 121

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_WEBPAYACCOUNTS\PB_LOCALSETTING
S.
> CF
> 0

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_WEBPAYACCOUNTS\PB_OUTPUTFILTER
> FM
> 0
msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_WEBPAYACCOUNTS\PB_PROVIDES.CFM
> 0

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_WEBPAYACCOUNTS\PLUGIN_WEBPAYSI
TE
> [...]
> S\
> PB_BRANCHSETTINGS.CFM
> 130

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_WEBPAYACCOUNTS\PLUGIN_WEBPAYSI
TE
> S\
> PB_HANDLER.CFM
> 0

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_WEBPAYACCOUNTS\PLUGIN_WEBPAYSI
TE
> S\
> PB_INPUTFILTER.CFM
> 60

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_WEBPAYACCOUNTS\PLUGIN_WEBPAYSI
TE
> S\
> PB_LOCALSETTINGS.CFM
> 0

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_WEBPAYACCOUNTS\PLUGIN_WEBPAYSI
TE
> S\
> PB_OUTPUTFILTER.CFM
> 10

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_WEBPAYACCOUNTS\PLUGIN_WEBPAYSI
TE
> S\
> PB_PROVIDES.CFM
> 110

msD:\JOBS\MEGAMALL\MEGAMALL\WEBPAY\PLUGIN_WEBPAYACCOUNTS\PLUGIN_WEBPAYSI
TE
> S\
> QRY_FORM.CFM
> 0 msSTARTUP, PARSING, & SHUTDOWN
>

> I can see roughly what is taking the time in this request, but it is
very
> rough, it would be nice to see that for template bar.cfm 10ms was
spent
> processing tag <CFFOO/> or even just return something useful instead
of 0
> for those very quick templates.  It would also be better if multiple
calls
> to the same template were not lumped togethor, for example in the
above
> all
> the templates in \PBCORE\ get run multiple times (4 times if I count
> correctly) but they each only get one time.
>
> Ideas ??
>
> ---
> James Sleeman
>
> Innovative Media Ltd
> Ph: (03) 377 6262
> http://www.websolutions.co.nz
>
> CAUTION:  The information contained in this email message is
confidential
> and may be legally privileged.  If the reader of this message is not
the
> intended recipient you are notified that any use, dissemination,
> distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited.  If you
have
> received this message in error please notify the sender immediately
and
> destroy the original message and any attachments.
>
> Views expressed in this communication may not be those of Innovative
Media