From: Dick Applebaum [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 07 June 2002 18:14
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CFMX-Linux won't initate Session-Scope

On Friday, June 7, 2002, at 10:04  AM, Dave Watts wrote:

>> Could it be that your Application.cfm doesn't start with an
>> upper case "A"
>>
>> This is not required on OS X, but I think it is required on
>> Linux
>
> It's not required on OS X? That's odd, I think. Have you actually
tested
> this?

Yes!

The OS X flavor of BSD Unix is non-case-sensitive.

Apple did this to allow backwards user interface compatibility with OS
9.

For example:  when you port CFMX Linux to OS X, the wwwroot/cfide link
to wwwroot/CFIDE, disappears

You can verify the case insensitivity in the CLI... you have to keep
alert not to pick up bad habits.

Dick