> Hi folks,
>
> after all I managed to get it workeing with your help by renaming my
> application.cfm to Application.cfm. So i finally 'got up my A' :)
>
> But now there's another strange problem. I have installed the Verity
> Locales to implement a full-text-search-interface for *.html and *.pdf
> which works great under CF5/NT and a bit buggy under CFMX/NT (here it
> ddoesn't understand the german extended characters?????). But it
> does not return any results under CFMX/Linux. I doesn't matter whether I
> create the collection (german) from the CF-Admin or programmatically.
>
> Did anyone else run into this issue? I already did a search on the
> forums but there was no CFMX-related problem.

Quoting directly from the release notes under the "Verity Searches" section:

"Verity does not support VSpider on Linux. Also note that Linux does not
support PDF files."

Since you're trying to index PDFs, that might answer your question. Try
doing *.html pages only on Linux and see if you have better success.

Regards,
Dave.