anyone else have input?

Thanks for your Justin.. Im gonna wait for a few more replies then check into it.

Mike

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Justin Scott
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2002 1:42 PM
  Subject: Re: CF and PayPal

  > I have a shopping cart on a clients website and he would like
  > to use paypal to process the final transaction.

  Ok..  first off, be prepared for a number of flames on this, as many people
  hate PayPal for various reasons.  I personally have no problem with them, so
  here we go...

  1. Once the user submits the order, you will need to store it and flag it as
  "in process" somehow.

  2. You will need to use one of PayPal's wizards through their web site to
  setup a sample multiple-item purchase.  You can then use that sample data to
  build the URL you will end up sending the users to for payment.

  3. PayPal has a fairly new feature called Instant Payment Notification.
  This is setup on the PayPal account and basically will post a form to a URL
  you specify.  This should be a special processing page on your server that
  will flag the specified order as "paid" then notify the client, etc.  It
  will also need to post some information back to PayPal for tracking
  purposes.

  Most of the info you will need can be found at:
  https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/pdn/paypal-solutions

  You will need to be logged in to access that link directly.

  If you don't feel like building everything yourself, take a look at the
  developer's exchange.  There are a few existing PayPal custom tags that will
  handle everything, but they all required registration the last time I
  looked.

  Hope that helps a bit!

  -Justin Scott, Lead Developer
   Sceiron Internet Services, Inc.