Its not that you are misusing the term as Java developers understand it.
If CF had constructors and Java had constructors, but they were
different that would be ok as the languages are different. However, the
term constructor is a well understood term in software development
circles and it means the same thing in every language that supports
constructors. Thus it is incorrect to use the term with CF since CF does
not have constructors.

I suggest referring to this "feature" of CFCs by calling it the
component body. Then you can say all code placed inside the component
body will be executed at instantiation. This is easy to say and
perfectly correct.

Matt Liotta
President & CEO
Montara Software, Inc.