From: Matt Liotta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 9:36 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Component Calls: What would you do?

In this case, the main difference is the ability to pass parameters to
the constructor. This of course requires the constructor to be a method.
Additionally, in languages that support static properties and methods,
the constructor allows you to separate code executing in non-static
contexts. Finally, languages that support method overloading generally
allow constructor overloading as well.

Matt Liotta
President & CEO
Montara Software, Inc.