From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 27 July 2006 11:21 AM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Cc: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: CF to ASP programmer wanted

One thing I have always wondered on this list is why developers limit
themselves to only cfml? Sure cfml is a great language that is easy to
learn but vbscript, php, .Net, jsp, svg, even vrml all have their place in
the development realm - well maybe not vrml anymore. Why not just learn as
much as you can so you can develop in what ever language your clients
require? Doesn't it enable you to improve your skillset, enable you to
find work more easily and also give your clients a range of choices? With
visual studio 2005 (and the features it ships with such as ui components)
using a framework like atlas, .Net programming *can* be as quick as cfml
coding.

I personally don't mind working in any language, but I prefer cfml.