Andrew,

I think your missing something.

>> What I would like to see from Adobe take from .Net is the amount of objects that have been exposed in to the developer.

All java objects are accessible, you just need to access them.

>> That is, I would like to see more JAVA objects exposed. For example, I would like to see a CFZIP tag, and how about CFIMAGE or CFSLEEP. There is pletty of stuff in the JVM - it just need to be made easier to access.

There are cfc’s which do all three of these things with java calls already, the zip one is free the image one is very good and inexpensive and the CFSLEEP one is a one line call to java.

ZIP: http://www.newsight.de/

Image: http://www.alagad.com/index.cfm/name-aic

Sleep:

<cfset thread = CreateObject("java", "java.lang.Thread")>
<cfset thread.sleep(5000)>

5 second sleep.

Regards
Dale Fraser