On 31/08/2006, at 2:10 AM, Barry Beattie wrote:

>> but there is no particular magic about it - all the RoR things can
>> be done in CF
>
> but Robin, the reverse of that is true too.  - all the CF things can
> be done in RonR. Where's the product differentiation?

Barry, I was talking about the frameworks, not Ruby vs CFML - and I
think there's been plenty of responses on this thread that include
things CF can do that RoR cannot (esp. Java based and all that
entails - I take it that QUT aren't a J2EE house).  But if you're
looking for me or anyone else to come up with a RoR is a dud and CF
is god's own because of X, it's not going to happen.  If you can live
with the constraints of RoR or CF, then at the end of the day a
skilled development team will make more difference than the platform
you choose.  I'm personally curious to see how you go as a RoR
developer - I think this discussion would have a bit more meat too it
if a current RoR developer were involved.