Rails won't be the last framework for ruby,
just like any language it'll eventually get flooded with crap and poor code.

I couldn't imagine many companies scrapping a technology for ruby just yet, sure some will but its a bit to pioneering, sure its an old language but its more the frame work your choosing,
I can't see a pure OO language eating into cf to much, cf is big as its simple for beginners