> If RonR can pretty much do everything CF can do, and it's free - why
> would a company pay the extra dollars?

well, that part of it sort-of evolved, but it's not the whole story if
you factor in Jeremy's points of moving to .NET, and us with Java/JSP.

and as a litmus test and leaving a direct comparison with RonR out of
it, I'm still trying to get enough reasons to get 2 lousy boxes
upgraded to CF7 to make my life easier - and failing. I was getting so
desperate I was hoping for some Flash (Flex) UI to justify the need
for remoting (and AMF3), but aparently you can get Flash remoting in
Corn Flakes packets now-a-days....

I just hope CF8 has some "must-haves" in there....