No need to apologise Barry.  For the most part this has been a healthy
debate about CF and its competitors.  Anyone who relies on CF for their
living should be aware of its competitors and how they compare to CF
(especially how they compare to CF in the eyes of the bean counters and
decision makers).

When I was interviewed for my current job, the Director of ICT told me
that the executives had asked her why we weren't using .Net.  She told
me there was no reason for us to go to .Net but if we HAD to did I know
of a way to get CF to work with .Net.  (I told her about BD and she was
very happy).  There was and still is absolutely no reason for us to
abandon CF for .Net but the execs had heard the hype about it and
wanted to jump on the bandwagon.

It's always been and will continue to be tough to "sell" CF against the
mega $ might of MS.  With Ruby and Rails, it's now looking like it
might be another tough fight for CF :(