On 9/8/06, Haikal Saadh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Peter Tilbrook wrote:
> Yeah but JBoss isn't supported for ColdFusion yet (it will be with
> Scorpio though).

I didn't realise that.. I thought because you could deploy CF as an ear,
you could put in on any ol' server.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't mean you can't. You may just have to make some funky config changes (never tried it personally) but it means Adobe wont give you support for setup issues if you run in that configuration.

I think a better option for Adobe would allow developers to package a WAR or EAR that includes the CF application server in it in some sort of single site mode that will allow, and only allow, the site deployed with it to work. Maybe as a sourceless MX7 distribution type thing. Then you could drop it into Tomcat, JBoss, Resin etc and then you have a site. Charge the client an extra (appropriately lowered) license fee and of they go.

Just a thought.

Shane