.NET isn't so bad to be honest? the only thing that i find a bit disconcerting about it, is "what could I use it for" given that Microsoft are a bit sketchy as to what the future of .NET 2.0 apps will look like with the upcoming Vista Regime?

I'm more inclined to start asking questions about browsers? given that more and more people are shifting into alternative agents - much like Apollo/WinFX equation is hinting at?

I mean who where would of said that you could write thick ware applications (eg: FLEX, WinFX etc), in the same way you write HTML 4-5 years ago? What does the next 4-5 years hold?

Where does the browser start loosing its "browser" capability and start becoming a plugin unto itself? As for example, Apollo has a traditional "browser" client inside itself, but can be used only *when* needed? so the concept has been inverted?

Coldfusion? It has a place but i'm thinking it needs to strengthen its marriage with the FLEX portion of the equation more so (that and LiveCycle) as this will help give it more of a concrete footing as UI continues to dominate the "must-have" space.