Having re-read the second part of your email I'd also recommend that
you're probably best off creating an xml packet to return rather than
passing a native array - that way your service becomes tech agnostic
and you can consume it any way you like.

Toby

On 19/01/2007, at 16:00 , Adam Chapman wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am currently putting together a basic webservice which returns an
> array to the caller. (returntype="array")
>
> I want to see the xml response that the caller will receive (.NET
> user),
> but as the returntype is array, when I cfdump the result, I get a
> nicely
> formatted array dump, rather than the raw xml.
>
> Anyone know a quick way to access the actual soap xml response? Or
> should I use xml to create an xml object and return THAT rather
> than the
> array?
>
> Cheers,
> Adam
>
> <cfinvoke webservice="http://mywebservices/myservice.cfc?wsdl";
>       method="getArray"
>       returnvariable="ws">
>               <cfinvokeargument name="a" value="what" />
>               <cfinvokeargument name="b" value="fun" />
> </cfinvoke>
>
> <cfdump var="#ws#">

        Life is poetry, write it in your own words

Toby Tremayne
Senior Technical Consultant
Lyricist Software
0416 048 090