> Most database (including SQLServer) presume that the database structure does
> not change between re-uses of parameterized queries.

What a strange presumption for them to make!  Sure, table-schema
updates are rare compared to table-queries, but it's not like the DB
doesn't *know* when the table gets updated, and accordinly is
completely unprepared for the ramifications of such.  So it should be
sensible enough to go "well all those compiled queries that use that
table ambiguously (like the ones with select *)... out the window you
go: you'll have to be recompiled next time".  That is better than just
going "err... I have no idea what you're talking about any more [face
plant]".

Does Oracle behave like this?

--
Adam