Scenario:

Web dev shop, lots of clients, lots of domains, using an internal dev
box, using SBS server 2003

Problem:

current DNS is set up for clientname.local and points to the site on
the central dev box

we are introducing SVN and individual environments on the developers
local machines.

Ideally I would like to be able to use local.client.com for the local
developer machine, dev.client.com for the dev box etc.

Clearly we don't have control over the clients DNS so we cant create
these on their domain (and I wouldn't want to as 2 of them would be
useless to external folks).

So I want to create a couple of entries for an external domain name,
that are available only to our network and have the external entries
still work without us having to maintain a second copy of them (this
appears to be the only solution in SBS DNS).

Can we do this? How do y'all cope with this? Do I need to look at a
different naming schema?

--
Duncan I Loxton
[EMAIL PROTECTED]