We have had 3 positions advertised in our area alone for just our project
Peter.  I see jobs advertised all the time.  You should be registered with
as many agencies as possible. I get rung at least 3 to 4 times a week for
new jobs.

I also know that Dept of Health are always after good people as well.

Maybe you need to diversify your skillset a little ?

Cheers,
Simon

On 07/04/07, Peter Tilbrook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Where? They are not advertrised (at least online). Plenty in Sydney,
> Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane but I don't want to move.
>
> On 06/04/07, Simon Haddon < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > That is a pathetic hourly wage.  Yo u must be the only person in
> > Canberra having trouble.  There is a shortage of IT people right now.  I am
> > not going to say what I get per hour but I can easily earn in a day what
> > takes you a week.  What is going wrong?  You should be able to charge at
> > least $60 / hour as a contractor in Canberra.  Why are you letting yourself
> > work for peanuts?
> >
> > You can $21 as a checkout chick.  And why are you being "degraded".
> > Move on.  Get a better job.  There is work out there.  I have had to employ
> > ppl from outside of Canberra recently due to the shortage.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Simon
> >
> > On 06/04/07, ACTCFUG < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >

> > > Show me.
> > >
> > > I've been degraded from $21 per hour to $750 per week (sorry
> > > Centrelink) for a totally custom solution.
> > >
> > > Developed under Scorpio but deployed to 7.x
> > >
> > > And this has never been done before so I suppose I should finish
> > > despite knocking back a better job.
> > >
> > > Remember the Food Lable application? (that was me)
> > >

> > --
> > Cheers
> > Simon Haddon
> >

> --
> Peter Tilbrook
> ColdGen Internet Solutions
> President, ACT and Region ColdFusion Users Group
> PO Box 2247
> Queanbeyan, NSW, 2620
> AUSTRALIA
>
> http://www.coldgen.com/