Andrew,

I didn't go into this decision lightly. In fact it wasn't my ultimate
decision at all. I work for a HUGE company in which those decisions
are anaylsed to the endth degree.
And yes in high-end sight we should have done it in HTML/ColdFusion.

We actually discussed it with a Third party i.e. NOT me. So when is a
good time to start working with the new tools? The only way to fully
learn a language is to get dirty
with it. My issue that I have with Adobe is that they DID not fully
explain the complexity and learning curve that Flex has. The reason I
raised this issue with all of you, is I truly believe
that flex IS not ready for the main stream development environment.
Its close but its just not ready. When I went to WebDU which I have
nicked name FlexDU I spoke to Ted Patrick about the learning
curve of Flex and what I could do to help reduce that learning curve
and even he acknowledged that there is a steep learning curve with
Flex and it is an issue that Adobe has recognized. He said wait for
some more books to come out which should help. So perhaps now that
Flex is open source we will see alot more tutorials and better
resources.

Jeremy