Well, I believe these are for email SPAM only, and are lacking
functionality.
I'm talking about a combination of several things.

Bot infected machines is also becoming a serious issue, i.e. we see attacks
coming from more than 20 machines with the same requests, but these people
themselves do not orchestrate the request, they use machines with security
holes in it, put a BOT on it and start their attack.

Obviously those people are not the culprit, but in the end they have not
succeeded in securing their machines, and become a problem for the rest of
us.

Also, those lists record the IP and just block the traffic, but what about
doing something more? I.e. getting to the root of the problem?

--
Try advertising on the new Australian Business Directory
www.clickfind.com.au