On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 8:01 PM, Taco Fleur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> To me a usenet group is to discuss issues

and to ask for guidance, direction, solutions and the state of issues

> ... not to actually do something
> about it in a collaborative manner.

and to inform interested parties what is being done and requests for
collaboration

> ... They also don't publicize a list of
> blacklisted IPs etc. ;-)

and I wouldn't want them to, considering there are 4 billion possible
IP addresses and if 0.1% of them were to be blacklisted that 4 million
addresses. You'd want to store them in a database somewhere. And when
IPv6 is fully rolled out, that's 256 trillion IP addresses, you'd
definitely need a database then.

> Having said that, I'm still debating on whether to do anything, it might be
> a waste of time.

I'd suggest you research the topic using these references. It'll give
you a better understanding of the problem and what solutions currently
exist. You never know, you might come across a simple approach that'll
reduce the your problem by 80%.

Chris
--
Chris Velevitch
Manager - Sydney Flash Platform Developers Group

Sydney Flash Platform Developers Group
March AIR and SQLite
Date: Wed 26th March 6pm for 6:30 start
Details soon