On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 8:27 AM, Kai Koenig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Best of luck with that...
>

> I haven't been at CFUnited Europe so can't really say a lot about
> it, but my impression from bloggers and voices I've heard from
> Europe was that it apparently turned out to be much smaller and less
> impressive than expected etc. Not sure what the reasons were, but I
> think quite a few people regard CFUnited to be a very commercial
> event (I'm not saying that it is, just observing here). Conferences
> such as webDU or Scotch just have a different charm imho because there's
> a community behind them and they "share the love".

Just to point out here - cf.Objective() is about as community driven
as it comes, and most of the people on the steering committee and who
help out, are pure volunteers.

I have to also point out that cf.O is specifically tailored to being a
intimate conference, and have had several conversations with key
people who organise the conference about how they don't want it to get
too big, and lose that 'family feel' that comes with a set number of
people.

I think you are getting confused between cfUnited and cf.Objective,
and I have to say, there is a world of difference.

> If there really is a demand for more advanced CF topics/conferences
> in ANZ, I'd rather suggest convicing Geoff to add a dedicated
> cf.objective() track to webDU 2009 - mixed branding, yeah, but make
> it one large event.

I believe this is something that is being considered, but I can't say
for sure, and I don't think there has been any talk with Geoff yet.

Honestly, I'm a little bit surprised at the negative attitude - for an
area of the world that quite regularly complains about how little
attention it gets from Adobe in regards to CF, I would have thought
that people would have jumped at the opportunity to have a CF specific
conference in the ANZ area.

Also considering, from what I've seen anyway, that the ANZ region
tends to lack in the framework / advanced / enterprise skills area,
something to help gain momentum in this area would be highly
beneficial, if not crucial, for the ANZ CF community.

Mind you, that's just my opinion and my experience - maybe an
integrated track at webDU is the way to go, or maybe nothing at all. I
just figured with the relative success of the CFCamps (and how quickly
they were put together), the CF community was up for more content to
be handed to them.

Mark

--
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]