> And yes, I'm aware that it might be a different target audience,
> different people attending etc. but still, it's a concern. That's
> why I like the idea of the extra track or extra day attached to our
> existing major
> conference.

I just get a bit concerned that people pin their whole PD onto just
one yearly conference. Especially when it's in one place (thoughts of
Dale Fraser's posts of traveling to WebDU kick in here...)

And I wish there were a higher percentage of CF coders to community
rank-n-file here in ANZ to make this a no-brainer. EG: there's a lot
of CF coders in this town I'm in, but not all of them are on this
list, have heard of WebDU nor turn up to CFUG's. I've met some of 'em
and it's an eye-opener.

Perhaps a Connect/virtual gathering is more the go? It gets around
having to travel to Sydney all the time and has the potential to reach
more people. I realise it does cheapen the experiance because watching
a conference in the comforts of a busy office isn't as ideal as being
there...

... although I do realise that a large number of CF'ers who turn up to
WebDU would certainly attend some of the CF-enterprise tracks.

To take a leaf out of Fred Hollows life, what's stopping it from
happening right now? rolling up the sleeves and saying "from next
Friday, every Friday, 12:00 to 1:00pm a Connect session on Enterprise
ColdFusion". Bugger official channels or sanction from Adobe - take it
right back to grass roots and just do it? There's enough Adobe User
Group managers floating around with Connect logins to have a "vehicle"
- heck, there's three on this thread already...

if employers "get it" (as far as PD for their employees) and can
suffer an hour or two of lost production time, say once a week (a la
the Friday Connect sessions from Adobe) then might be an
opportunity.... I'm confilcted - on one hand I'm trying to get more
bums on seats and on the other I reckon Aral Balkin's got something
with http://singularity08.com/

but yes, raising the profile (and standard) of enterprise development
(and best practices generally) is definately a good thing.