Different numbers for each contest. and you have to enter something in the
SMS like the answer for example.  Also, the originating phone number is part
of the request so they then know the mobile of the person that sent it and
the answer.

On 27/10/2008, Mike Kear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What do the TV channels do?    They can have multiple contests running
> at once, and all receiving entries by SMS - they dont always require
> you to put an ID code for the contest,  or does "this week's code
> word" do that?    I thought that was just to make sure you watched the
> tv show or bought the associated magazine.
>
> Cheers
> Mike Kear
> Windsor, NSW, Australia
> Adobe Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
> AFP Webworks
> http://afpwebworks.com
> ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month
>

> On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Steve Onnis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Claude
> >
> > SMS is defined as "Short Message Service".  You cant put a link in it for
> > people to click on as an SMS is "text only".  Some phones highlight
> numbers
> > and that sort of thing but that's a software thing so I wouldn't depend
> on
> > it.  You can add a link in there but it wont be clickable.
> >
> > Another option is to use a 1300 number and see if it will include any
> other
> > numbers after the number and still forward the message on
> properly.  That's
> > how they do things like 1300 STEVE ONNIS.  There are too many numbers for
> > phone number but the service only recognises the numbers related to the
> > phone number and connects you anyway.  Maybe if you have the 1300 number
> > push the sms to a mobile number you can include other values in the reply
> > number.
> >
> > So if your reply number is 1300123123, then you could do something like
> > 13001231239456 so 9 could be the userid and then 456 would be the jobid.
> > When the SMS gateway gets the message with the FROM number being the 1300
> > number you can process the message with the message contents and the FROM
> > number values.
> >
> > Just a suggestion but maybe something to look into.
> >
> > Steve

Simon Haddon

Woman loves feeling danger and speed. That is why woman wants man.  They get
a speed rush that is the most dangerous of all.