Wouldn't you want to check it out, at the very least to find out if it will
make you more productive (which I'm finding it is for me, for sure), and if
so, make an argument to the ROI of buying a licence for you?

If it costs $500 (to pick a number out of thin air), I'd be surprised if a
company would balk over paying for it, if it's going to cut development time
over an extended period.

That being said, I've been surprised before.

Mark