Mark, I'm with you, and personally I don't want to dwell on what Adobe have
or haven't done in the past.
I also think we need to understand that CF is not a lead product for
Adobe, (no matter how much we love it), and that's just the way it is.
So, if we as CF developers want the world to be better for us, then let's
see what we can do.

You opened the idea of an evangelist for the region, which might be a
feasible goal.
The idea of CF and 'something else' is also good, and might have more chance
of getting backing.
The obvious something else would be Flex, no?  Talking to Flex people over
the last few months, I get the impression that it's a market in growth and
has reasonable demand.  So, what about a 'leading with Flex' strategy, to
get projects up and Adobe in the door, then taking every opportunity to
offer CF for the server side?  We CFers probably need to be considering the
Adobe stack more and the ideal of working in isolation less.  If an
evangelist in the region pushed this barrow, would that help?

So, Mark, are you saying you'd like to represent something along these (or
other, yet to be agreed) lines to Adobe?

What do you think we (CFers) need to do?
What would be the role of CFUGs in engaging with Adobe to roll out a
coherent strategy?
Should CFUGs be working more closely with Flex UGs, or even amalgamating?

Thanks for your calm thoughts Mark.

Peter Robertson