From: Kai Koenig [mailto:k...@koeni.de]
Sent: Wednesday, 26 May 2010 2:55 PM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [cfaussie] Re: JB-HI Moving to dotnet

Technical skills, it's a commercial program (i.e. one pays a membership fee
depending on level), access to levels is restricted by turnover, sales,
decision on how influencing an individual/company is and much more.
Benefits: logo, access to pre-sales resources from Adobe, free NFR licenses
for a variety of products etc. It really depends on the region, specific
partner program and the company.

We're a Silver Solution Partner and it's def. a fine program if it suits
your needs and I can't agree with Steve's statement below at all (but
everyone's mileage might vary). Just to make a point though - yes, partners
help to drive Adobe's business and/or are supposed to. That certainly works
to a certain extent but it always depends on yourself as well. We're a 2.5
ppl company and I'm certainly not spending much of my time helping Adobe to
directly sell but rather do other things that might or might not help them
in the grand scheme of things. If one is a 20, 50, or 500 ppl shop with a
dedicated sales person or even multiple I'd expect such a partner to do more
of that stuff, but even then - if there's no visibility of a vendor for a
particular product in a marketplace there's just so much one can do. Also -
I'd say the minority of Adobe partners even has a clue of what CF does and
can do.

Cheers
Kai