Yes, because that's how the model works in this region. Pacific (and maybe
whole AsiaPac) is a distribution-based supply chain, i.e. resellers always
interact with a distributor (unless for some specific enterprise products in
some very high volume transactions) - like it or not. It's pretty much the same
for a lot of vendors. Being an Adobe reseller is btw not the same as being an
Adobe partner, I think technically everyone can become a reseller. They have a
channel partner program as well though for huge resellers like Renaissance in
NZ etc.

Cheers
Kai